If there is ANYTHING that I am crazy about.. it is skin-care. I get facials once a month and use face masks/face wash like drinking water and eating. I don’t know when it started;however, I do know the changes my skin has gone through. I suffered from acne throughout my teens and when i was 20 as well. It was caused by my hormones and I did wash my face and use medication. Nothing seemed to work and then I started receiving professional facials and it has been the holy grail for my face. I used foundations that were NOT for my skin type. Concealer was a must and I could not leave my house without it. Mascara was a day to day thing for me as well. I love collecting eyeshadow palettes and make-up products; but, I realized that I have to do my research prior to purchasing products. I have combination and sensitive skin. I could easy get an irritation on my eyelid from various products and it was a horrible thing that Indid not notice. All my friends know that I get extreme excitement making face masks and purchasing new ones as well. These are the top 5 tips I would say are perfect for anyone with combination, oily, sensitive or dry skin!
- Wash your face and hands prior to applying make-up or getting out the house. I use Cetaphil gentle fash and body wash for my face in the morning and at night. I purchase mine at target for $10.39; however, you can find it at your local supermarket, walmart, and amazon.com.
- The following step should be a good toner like apple cider vinegar . This has been incredible for my skin and it Natural!!! Get the organic one. $2.40 at my local super market. You can take a cotton ball and pour a bit and dab it all over your face. DO NOT put on the eyelid.
- My 3rd tip is to use a serum or oil that works for YOUR skin type. I use a vitamin C serum in the morning and a night serum. They can be from various brands found at sephora, ulta or amazon. Personally, I purchase both of mine in Spain because it was a lot more economic and it was a great product for my skin-type. The vitamin C serum 7€ and Night serum 7€ are pictured below! There are many products similar to these from sephora like OLE HENRIKSE Truth Serum® Vitamin C Anti-Aging Collagen Booster $48-128(various sizes) and PHILOSOPHY Ultimate Miracle Worker Night $80. I HIGHLY recommend using these products for any skin type in order to have glistening smooth skin.
- Moisturizer is a must.. even for those oily skin types. It allows the skin to get what it needs soaked into it for the rest of the day. I use honey and royal jelly product(1st picture)15€ at mercadona and an aqua boost sorbet from body shop(2nd picture)$13.80 at body shop or ulta . These products work miracles and keep your face smooth and the best part is they smell wonderful. I purchased the honey and royal jelly moisturizer in spain however there are other brands that sell them as well(3rd picture) $24.99 on amazon.
- Finally the most important step is a good SPF. I use neutrogina 100SPF. It is effective and light weight! $7.99
These are my skincare tips for the daily and my makeup process has a few more steps! Stay tuned tomorrow for the pre-make up steps.
Comment below what you use or any questions.
Stay Humble, Lisa